The results are in, and we’ve found that the first year of our Nature4Health project has been a resounding success. Results from the first year of the programme show that participants have seen a marked improvement in both their mental wellbeing and their daily levels of physical activity. On average,
England’s Community Forests have responded to the House of Lords Committee on National Policy for the Built Environment to submit written evidence to inform future policy. Chairman of the Committee, Baroness O’Cathain, explained: “….We need to plan our built environment to meet future demographic, environmental, economic and social challenges.
Eight out of 10 people in Britain are unable to identify an ash leaf when shown an image of one
How much fossil fuel has been extracted since you arrived at this page?
About 1% of all the tree species in the Amazon account for half of the carbon locked in the vast South American rainforest, a study has estimated.
- Community Forest Conference 2017
- First year of results demonstrate Nature4Health boosts health and wellbeing
- England’s Community Forests input into national policy for the built environment – Call for Written Evidence
- TD Green Streets UK launches second funding round
- How well can you identify UK trees from their leaves – quiz
- How much fossil fuel has been used in your lifetime?
- Amazon: 1% of tree species store 50% of region’s carbon
- Trees in hard landscapes – Getting it right in Greater Manchester
- Manchester duck race cause a flap with wildlife champion after hundreds of yellow plastic ducks left littering river